Dedication to Patients:
We know you have a choice when it comes to your physical therapy care, and we have a passion to serve you and meet your physical therapy needs. To this end we:
- Provide free-screening appointments or consultations.
- Obtain a referral for physical therapy from your doctor if one is needed.
- Complete insurance pre-certifications for you.
- Provide easy access to physical therapy care, the convenience of scheduling.
- Ensure quality and quantity of time with our therapists.
- Engage in ongoing communication with physicians and third-party payers, or insurance providers, or your insurance company.
Mission: To deliver the highest quality, evidence-based physical therapy management to patients with unquestionable ethics, unparalleled quality, superior service, and at the best value. Physical Therapy Specialists seeks to serve patients and their referring providers through our exceptional service in combination with our clinical expertise.
We File All Insurance Plans On Your Behalf
As a courtesy to our patients, Physical Therapy Specialists will file all insurance plans on your behalf. Below is the procedure we follow from the time we get your insurance card until you receive a statement from us. Please note that the faster we receive your insurance information, the quicker we can inform you of your benefits. In some cases, it is necessary for us to ask for your assistance in obtaining information from your insurance carrier.
- Once we receive your insurance information, we will call the insurance company to verify your benefits and will inform you as soon as possible. It is very important that with workers comp or motor vehicle accidents, that we receive a copy of your health insurance card as a back up in case the previous insurance reaches its maximum payment or is denied.
- Insurance claims are filed on a weekly basis. (Usually on Mondays for the previous weeks charges.) If you attend therapy for a period of 3 weeks, you should have 3 claims sent to your insurance carrier.
- Within 4 to 6 weeks, we should receive a remittance advice and payment from your insurance carrier. This tells us how to apply the payments and adjustments to your account. Adjustments result from contracts we have with the insurance companies.
- If you have a secondary insurance, we will then file with that insurance provided we have been given all required information.
- If there is no secondary insurance to file, we will transfer the balance to your responsibility and you will receive a statement sometime during the first week of the month. (Statements are sent out on a monthly basis until the account is paid in full.)
- If you have a co-pay, that amount is due at the time of service. If you have coinsurance (i.e. 20% due from you and 80% due from your insurance), we would like you to make small incremental payments each visit.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please feel free to ask us at any time.